Monday, January 18, 2010

This quote threw me for a loop

So in reading the wikipedia entry on the event (well, really skimming, it is wikipedia afterall), I ran across this quote:
"The Montgomery Bus Boycott, urged and planned by Nixon and led by King, soon followed."
WHAT?! WTF?! SERIOUSLY! I stopped and stared at the screen in wide eyed disbelief. My entire world had been shattered and was crumbling around me... Richard Nixon planned the bus boycott? No freaking way... I stared and stared and stared. I told my roommate. He looked at me strangely. He said: "Are you sure they meant that Nixon?"

It then occurred to me there are other people named Nixon. In fact, this was in reference to E.D. Nixon, the president of the local NAACP chapter.

And suddenly all was right with the world... Richard Nixon is still an asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment